5 Reasons to Build Your Own Home
1. You Get Exactly What You Want – Are you really into art deco or mid-century modern aesthetics? You will be able to be in the driver’s seat when you sit down with a builder to map out your home plan. If you want to add a crazy concept that is completely unique to your style building your own home is the way to go!
2. Better Construction – You will ensure that your builders use only the best materials. The fact that you will be an integral part of the process will also ensure the workmanship of the builder. There is no need to cut corners or do poor work when you are a part of the actual construction process.
3. More Bang for Your Buck – Is it Cheaper to Build Your Own Home or Buy One? Sometimes, purchasing a home through a real estate agent or home builder can be very pricey. Did you know that the average costs for building your own home are about 25% less than a home that is already built? You may be able to get more amenities you want by building!
4. Lower Utility Bills – You will be able to choose more energy efficient items, such as windows, doors, outlets, etc. Owners who build typically only design a space that they will actually use, thus making a home more energy friendly! If you are building you will be more likely to make choices that will impact your monthly bills.
5. Home Technology – It can cost a small fortune to install new technology in an older home. When you build from the ground up you will be able to have your home pre-wired for all your technology needs. You can even pre-wire that high tech sound system and security system you want.